Individuals and Families
- Promotion Day
- Special Events
Shift times are selected Sundays from 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Organize the books on the shelves based on set categories
- Hand out fliers to the parents and explain the program, emphasizing the book exchange element.
- At the library greet the children and explain the program to them. Let them know they can select one book they can take home for free. Explain how the books are organized.
- Enjoy the children - engage them in reading, talk to them about the books they have read and help them find a book to take home.
You will be greeted by a FDL Site Supervisor when you arrive at Plaza Fiesta who will guide you throughout your shift.
We hold two annual special events for which we need volunteers.
Our annual Read-a-Thon which takes place in early February and our annual Book Festival which takes place in the spring (either March or April). Please visit our volunteer sign up link for more details and dates.
Click on the link below to sign up for a volunteer shift:
Please contact Laura Murvartian with any questions at [email protected] or at 770-841-9672.
We customize the volunteer experience to work with your group. Please contact Laura Murvartian at [email protected] or at 770-841-9672.
Here are some examples of how your group can volunteer:
- Read with the children – We setup a reading pit and have group story time or have volunteers read one-on-one with children
- Board Game Afternoon – We setup tables for chess, checkers, scrabble, puzzles, etc.
- Read-a-Thon – We host a read-a-thon at least once a year and need volunteers to read with the children
- Private Book Festival – Approximately 200 children are bussed to Plaza Fiesta. The event will take place on Wednesday, March 25 from 10:00 – 1:00pm. Volunteers are needed from 8:15am – 1:30pm.
- Book Festival – We will be hosting the first Atlanta Latino Book Festival on Sunday, May 17 from 12pm – 6pm and will need volunteers
- Sorting Books, Restocking Shelves, and Tidying up the Library (dusting and mopping